An industry known for its excellence in France and Europe, the aeronautical industry is also is also one of those which demands most from its partners. We have been supporting our clients in the sector for over 20 years. With large supply chain difficulties and complex technological risks when it comes to managing the entire value chain over the life span of aeroplanes, this industry must, however, also accelerate its search for industrial performance.
The search for better performance and the setting up of the safety management system lead to large changes inside the organisation for managers and employees.
Developments in industrial relations are necessary even though the results of the industry are quite positive. The changes must be subject to negotiations and a particularly attentive change management programme.
The complex challenges mentioned are creating, for the industries of the sector, a new culture, encouraging it to open up to other professional sectors whilst facilitating the progress of managers who have been in the sector throughout their careers.
From large groups to design offices we support businesses in the sector in the conception and implementation of their HR projects, supporting their performance programmes:
- The training of managers, the development of their employees, knowledge of and respect for legal obligations, are all involved in the cultural change that we support our clients with,
- The identification and assessment of highly qualified potential employees, to support the design and construction of tomorrow's aeroplanes and manage change,
- The human organisation of production, the revision of working time, and other agreements with a view to adapting regulations to productivity constraints,
- Supporting company mergers (detection of high potential, creation of a new common culture, harmonisation of statutes, negotiations of agreements etc.)
- Management of HRIS projects on the technical level, up to negotiations between management and employees and the implementation.
Examples of assignments completed
In order to satisfy increased demand for flexibility and responsiveness, this SME responded favourably to the encouragement of its customer, an engine maker, carrying out significant work on its methods and production tools (Lean Management).
At the same time, fearing the threat of its sub-contracting activity being gradually eroded by foreign competition, this company approached us with a view to making its activity more attractive, and an ambitious objective:
On an extremely tight recruitment market and competing with other sectors, building loyalty amongst the experts already there and also attracting those with strong potential to functions requiring specialist operators, superior technicians and top level preparers.
Our mission consisted of supporting the business in three main areas:
- The introduction of tools enabling it to objectively appreciate the potential for inter-category mobility,
- Making the process used to search for quality candidates more professional,
- Increasing the inter-personal skills and know-how of production managers (workshop managers and leaders), in order to move the business from a vertical culture to a participative and collaborative management.